REV. STACEY S. MIDGE
Master of Divinity
Western Theological Seminary, May 2003
Bachelor of Arts
Drake University, June 1999
May 2017 – Present
February 2008 – April 2017
Implement congregational mission opportunities; initiate and strengthen support relationships with local, national, and global partners; equip congregation for consistent, positive Gospel engagement with the community; facilitate service, learning, and fellowship activities for youth, including annual domestic and international mission trips; collaborate with pastoral team in preaching, teaching, worship leadership, and pastoral care.
- Created and continue to manage Covenanter program, a year-long volunteer service and intentional community experience for young adults, and the Lunn Resource Center for non-profit cooperation.
- Coordinated regional volunteer efforts in response to Hurricanes Irene and Sandy, including organizing work groups, distributing donated resources, and developing a dormitory for visiting volunteers.
- Instituted the Link, an alternative worship service on Saturday evenings, and Faith with a Twist, a monthly discussion group about faith and spirituality for non-church members and younger adults.
- Led congregation in process to become a Room for All congregation (fully open and affirming to LGBTQ people), and collaborated with other ministers in instituting a wide-ranging Creation Care Resolution.
January 2005 – January 2008
Glen Reformed Church; Fultonville, New York
Preached and led worship; provided pastoral care; coordinated committees; facilitated opportunities for learning and service; participated in community and ecumenical activities.
- Empowered stronger lay leadership within a small, rural congregation.
- Facilitated formation of a cohesive board of elders that was better able to aid and support their visions for ministry.
August 2003 – August 2004
Hanover College; Hanover, Indiana
Taught introductory theology courses; built relationships with students in which issues of faith and spirituality could be discussed; participated in weekly worship leadership; advised campus student groups; led vocational exploration retreat.
October 2000 – August 2003
New Life Church; Grand Rapids, Michigan
Led youth groups, assisted with preaching and worship leadership, facilitated contemporary praise music team.
June 2006 – June 2012; Moderator, June 2008 – June 2012
Belhar Implementation Task Force
June 2011 – June 2013
Regional Synod of Albany Overtures and Judicial Business Committee
Chairperson, May 2016 – Present
May 2009 – May 2013; Chairperson, May 2012 – May 2013
Regional Synod of Albany Executive Committee
May 2016 – Present
May 2012 – May 2013
Regional Synod of Albany Classis Ministries Board
May 2009 – May 2012
Fowler Camp and Conference Center Program Committee
May 2006 – May 2012
Classis of Schenectady Executive Committee
Past President, May 2017 – Present
President, May 2015 – May 2017
Vice President, May 2014 – May 2015
RETREATS AND PRESENTATIONS
Loving Through Policy: Affecting Change in Church and Society
Future Church: Sacramental Living in a Secular World, 5-week course
Rise of the Nones and Dones: Trends in Religion and Non-Religion
Intersectionality: Advocacy Across Layers of Oppression
Body and Soul: Spirituality and the Body, 3-week course
Conflict, Reconciliation, and Hope: Experiencing Radical Theology in Belfast
Camp Chaplain for students at Fowler Camp and Retreat Center
One week each summer since 2005
Human Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation
Multiple presentations and panel discussions since 2011
Food Insecurity in America
Response to Loyalty and Loss by Lynn Japinga
Beginnings and Beyond: Transitions into Ministry
Reformed Church in America Polity
Repeated several times for groups of elders and deacons since 2008
The Invisible Middle: Reaching Out to the ‘Lost’ Generation
Repeated three times in 2008
VOLUNTEER AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
Schenectady Inner City Ministry – Ecumenical collaboration providing food services, education, and social justice advocacy.
Steering Committee Member, Vice President, President, and Past President, May 2008 – April 2017
Patty’s Place – Drop-in support and referral center for sex workers and prostitutes, directed by an ecumenical, faith-based coalition of churches, non-profits, and public officials.
President and Founding Steering Committee Member, September 2011 – April 2017
SAFE, Inc. – Emergency shelter and outreach program for at-risk youth.
Vice President, June 2016 – Present, Board of Trustees, June 2010 – April 2017
Schenectady City Board of Ethics – Oversee city officials’ and appointees’ conflicts of interest, review ethical complaints and charges.
May 2013 – April 2017
The Young Clergy Women Project – Support and resources for female clergy under forty, including online journal Fidelia’s Sisters.
Founding Board Member, Editorial Board Member, June 2007 – July 2012
Room for All – Education and advocacy toward inclusion of LGBT persons in the church.
Founding Board Member, Vice President, January 2005 – January 2011
Damien Center – Community center for those infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Advisory Task Force Member, May 2008 – May 2012
Creative Maladjustment: Pastoral Ministry in Tumultuous Times
Newbigin Center, San Francisco, January 2018
A Kaleidoscope of Intersections
Room for All, Holland, Michigan, September 2017
Boundary Awareness Training
Presbytery of Cincinnati, August 2017
God’s Stories, Our Stories
Vancouver, British Columbia, July 2017
Belfast, Northern Ireland, April 2016
Tricks of the Light: A Festival Curated by Peter Rollins
Belfast, Northern Ireland, April 2015
The Power & Practice of Personal Storytelling featuring Mark Yaconelli
Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, October 2014
Out of the Deep: Pastoring in Creative Spaces
Minneapolis, Minnesota, July 2014
Posts, Tweets, Blogs, and Faith: Writing for the Digital Public Square
Collegeville Institute, June 2013
The Idolatry of God with Peter Rollins
Belfast, April 2013
Inclusion 2.0 Diversity Bootcamp with Steve Robbins
Grand Rapids, February 2011
Leading as Ourselves: Annual Conference of the Young Clergy Women Project
Candler Theological Seminary, July 2010
General Synod Commissions and Council, October 2010
The Lesser Known Jesus with John Bell
National Cathedral College for Preachers, April 2008
Preaching as Testimony with Anna Carter Florence
National Cathedral College for Preachers, August 2007
Festival of Homiletics
Atlanta, May 2006
Beginnings and Beyond: Transitions into Ministry
January 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Junior League Helen George Volunteer of Distinction Award, May 2016
- YWCA President’s Circle Award, March 2015
- Labor-Religion Coalition of New York State Faith at Work Award, September 2014
- Schenectady Inner City Ministry Community Service Award, December 2012
- Siena College Martin Luther King and Coretta Scott King Award for Non-Violent Social Change, April 2012
- Western Theological Seminary Award in Biblical Studies, 2003
- Western Theological Seminary President’s Community Life Award, 2003